Getting to Rico Colorado
Rico is located along the San Juan Skyway, one of Colorado’s eleven scenic byways, on highway 145. It is 30 minutes south of Telluride and an hour north of Cortez. Check the lists of area airports below to find directions on how to get here.
- From Airport Road take a sharp right onto highway 145.
- At the roundabout, take the second exit and continue on highway 145
- Stay on 145 for 24 miles over Lizard Head pass, and you will arrive in the town of Rico.
- Take Highway 550 south for 24 miles to the town of Ridgeway.
- Turn right onto state highway 62. Stay on 62 for 23 miles.
- Turn right on 145 towards Telluride.
- Stay on 145 for 14 miles and the take the first exit at the roundabout.
- Follow 145 over Lizard Head pass for 24 miles and you will arrive in the town of Rico.
- Follow Airport Rd and County Rd G to US-160 E/US-491 N
- Turn left onto 145 N
- Stay on 145 for 52 miles and arrive in the town of Rico.