Rico Board of Trustees
The Rico Board of Trustee’s meeting will take place at 7:00 PM on March 21st at the Rico Town Hall. Please join us.
If you were unable to attend the November meeting or wish to review the discussion go to http://ricocolorado.gov/community/
Rico Elementary School to Close
On March 7th, the Dolores County School Board voted unanimously to close Rico Elementary. The following is a link to the resolution and a letter from school board superintendent Bruce Hankins
Transit is here!
The Rico Shuttle leaves Rico from the Enterprise Bar & Grill for Telluride at 7:00 AM Monday through Friday. It leaves the Telluride Courthouse at 5:30 PM. Many thanks to Esteban, Christy and Lynda, our volunteer drivers.
Five reason to use the Rico Shuttle
- It’s cheaper. A one way trip to Telluride costs $3.00 on the shuttle. A two way trip is $6.00. If you buy a shuttle pass, a trip costs $2.00 each way. A trip to Telluride in a standard passenger car with average gas milage costs $6.50 just for gas. This does not include wear and tear on your vehicle.
- You can make new friends and catch up with old ones.
- You can do other things on the way to work – read, sleep, play video games on your phone, eat breakfast.
- You can have a beer after work (if you finish at 4:30 or 5:00).
- You don’t have to deal with the Town of Telluride’s multitude of parking regulations.